- How do I make a request for the NMSU President and/or spouse to attend my event?
- How do I make a request for the NMSU President to speak at my event?
- What catering options do I have for my event?
- What do I have to do to serve alcohol beverages at my campus event?
- How do I reserve a venue on campus?
- Is parking free on campus?
- When is Commencement?
- How do I find out about college and/or other various ceremonies?
- Where can I find other important details pertaining to Commencement?
If you would like the NMSU President and/or spouse to attend your event, you must fill out the President’s Attendance Request Form which can be found on the homepage of the Office of Presidential Events website.
The President’s Attendance Request Form must be submitted at least six weeks prior to your event date. Once you have submitted the request form, please give our office five business days to respond to your request.
If you would like the NMSU President to speak at your event, you must fill out the President’s Speaking Request Form which can be found on the homepage of the Office of Presidential Events website.
The President’s Speaking Request Form must be filled out six weeks prior to your event date. Once you have submitted the request form, please give our office five business days to respond to your request.
The NMSU campus food service provider is Sodexo.
However, some NMSU venues allow for outside caterers. Please contact our office for more information regarding the use of outside caterers.
In order to serve alcohol at your event on campus you must submit an NMSU Application to Serve or Sell Beer and/or Wine form to the Alcohol Review Committee 15 days prior to the event. Visit hrtm.nmsu.edu to access the form.
If approved by the Alcohol Review Committee, you will be allowed to serve/sell beer and/or wine at your event on campus. The two on-campus venues that have a full-liquor license are the NMSU Golf Course and Stan Fulton Athletics Center. If you are hosting an event at either of these two locations, you do not need approval from the alcohol committee but do need to contact the venue manager.
Please contact Conference Services at (575) 646-4805 to reserve:
- Activity Center
- Aquatics Center
- Atkinson Music Recital Hall
- Corbett Center Student Union
- Danny Villanueva Victory Club, Stan Fulton Athletics Center
- Intramural Fields
- NMSU Golf Course Banquet Room, Patio
- Pan American Center
For any venues not listed above, please contact our office for more information.
There are several free parking lots on campus that require no parking permit. If you need to park in a lot that is not free, download a free-single day visitor parking permit, park at a metered parking space or purchase a special event/conference placard.
For detailed information on NMSU parking, shuttle services or campus maps, please visit Transportation & Parking Services or call (575)646-1839.
Below are the dates for the upcoming Hooding and NMSU Commencement ceremonies:
- Fall 2016 Hooding Ceremony – Friday, December 9
- Fall 2016 Commencement – Saturday, December 10
For information regarding college and other ceremonies, please contact the college or organization directly.
For all other Commencement information, please visit New Mexico State University Commencement.